If you already have your weekly plan scheduled and these holidays or teacher only days come up then the simplest way to record this is to create a weekly event that spans the entire day.
1. Go to Planning then Weekly Planner in the blue menu at the top of the page.
2. Click anywhere on the white grid to create a new event.
3. In the pop-up that appears type into the box Personal Event Type and select a colour.
4. Set the timeframe for the Start and End of the day.
5. Click Save and this new event will populate and sit besides your existing timetable events.
Some teachers like to keep their existing lessons events next to the additional event to retain evidence of what was scheduled and why the lesson wasn't taught that day. Others like to remove the additional events entirely and only display the event for the teacher only day or public holiday.
Another way this is used is to record when a reliever has come in and taught while you are away.