Click here to watch this short video on Setting up Groups.
A Group is the student group within a Group Type; eg, Circles, Triangles and Squares are the Groups within the Group Type maths. To create new Groups:
2. Select your name, then the group type and the class(es) you wish to create the groups from. Note: To create a new Group Type, click on Group Type in the light blue menu at the top of the screen.
3. Type in a group name in the Enter new group name box and click on Add New Group.
4. Drag and drop students' names from the class list on the left into the appropriate group, OR click on the cog, select Class View, then click on a student name from the class list to add them to the specified group. Change the specified group by clicking on the blue arrow by the group name. All changes are automatically saved.
5. Allocate groups to other teachers, if applicable.
6. Allocate student(s) to more than one group, if applicable.
The order in which groups appear can be re-arranged by dragging and dropping the group header.
To rename a group, click on the group name.
To remove all student names from your groups, whilst retaining the group names, select Clear Groups in the black cog.
You can also make changes to your groups from within your lesson plans.